DIY: Wearable words ... | the ReFab Diaries

When I was looking around for tutorials on making paper beads, I found some really striking "book beads" and accessories, now collected in this post.  I understand (after all the browsing) that you can make really durable "beads" easily ... very little time, skill or money required.  Woohoo!  Who doesn't need more jewelery?  (UPDATE 6/12: See the follow up post for more wordy accessories)


First, this wonderful necklace.  If you choose your words carefully, you could really make a statement with this one! (you are allowed to roll your eyes now.)  Thanks to Mandipidy for the how-to. (more after the jump!)


Super-sweet flower book-bead ... Tutorial by The Smallest Forest


A copper-wire wrapped bead ... how-to care of MixedKreations


This modular origami pendant was made from an old dictionary bound for the trash.  



Inexpensive, easy scrap-paper earrings?  Follow this great tutorial from I Could Make That



Need a little more inspiration?  Head over to Etsy and check out the amazing goodies at The Unwritten Word (picture above)  


Fun twist on the Mandipity beads ... from ILovetoCreate.


Finally, my humble attempt. Check out the full bookmark tutorial here. 

SHARE 7 comments

Add your comment

  1. Could your site be any cooler? I think not! Thanks very much for sharing your fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie - you just made my day! :)

      Delete
  2. Candice,
    Thanks for posting a pic and link to my wire wrapped paper bead tutorial. I love your blog. You have a lot of really neat projects.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm grabbing a button (-;
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda ... you're so welcome! This post has been getting a consistent stream of traffic and I've seen your beads pinned quite a lot. So YAY all round! :)

      Delete
  4. Seriously, You are one of the most creative people I have had ever seen. Just by looking at your blog, I have gotten so many ideas! Please keep them coming! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, for all you do!!!!!
    tiffoverton77@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tiffany! Not all my ideas but I'm glad you're inspired!

      Delete

All comments are moderated. If your goal is to insert spam links to other sites, your comment will not be published.

© the ReFab Diaries · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS
–>